take it to the yard and tie it to a rocket!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A super-bummy couple of days. Coping mechanism of choice: 30 Rock/pixie hat binging. I really enjoy losing time and coming out on the other side with hats. Tonight's hats:


I have appliqued a lot of birds and chicks, but this is a hilarious-looking one. S/he is a little bloaty and has false eyelashes. (So basically it's Britney Spears. OH, I'M JUST KIDDING AROUND. And I look forward to the "Britney/Brittany" episode of Glee.)


I really liked making this one!  I also like to applique fruit. I've done strawberries, apples, mangoes, cherries, TARDISes... oh wait. Not cherries.

These hats are both in my Etsy shop. Meanwhile, my desk greatly resembles Marjory the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock.


Only it's alllll leftover bits of embroidery floss, stuffing, bits of felt, and weirdly, a package of rice from when I was making pincushions. Or so I'll claim.

Post a Comment