video: Get Klara Ready With Me

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Here's the latest video in my "Dolly Dressup" series -- Klara! This was also a request.


This dressup had several technical difficulties, so definitely watch it if you want to witness me breaking headbands some more.

I believe Beatrix is next in line for a dress-up, if I'm remembering my YouTube comments correctly. I also have a couple of other requests that I do want to try and do, but I'm not totally sure how I'll tackle them. (I puzzle about the technical side of video production a lot.)

However, before I do anything else, I think I need to do a channel trailer. My camera's SD cards are full of footage that I keep on them rather than on my very small hard drive, but I'm out of room on the cards, so I really can't film another video until I clear those off anyway. (I need to get another external hard drive!! But my money must go towards therapy this month.) YouTube tells me on the reg to create a channel trailer, so I also want YouTube to shut up.

I've watched several trailers for different types of channels over the past month and I have yet to see one that I really like, that gives me some inspiration as to what mine could perhaps be like... I'm also bad at trying to summarize and sell myself or anything I do. I wonder what to say, et cetera.

Originally, I started Cure Touch because I really wanted a place to talk about my Blythes! I didn't have any fellow doll friends then; I was only out the outskirts of the community -- still am, to be honest. But I could tell RL people didn't grok Blythes and didn't want to hear me talking about them. I just had to gab to someone, somewhere, even if it was just to Blogger.

At the moment, I feel bad for talking about videos here what seems like a lot, but I don't have anyone to talk about videos/YouTube to and so my thoughts want to spill out here. I should feel okay, since this is my hobby blog and I'd post about crocheting or hair dyeing or whatever relatively guilt-free. But those are pretty pleasant topics for me, and you can illustrate with pictures, at least, whereas video-making is more technical/boring, and I'm usually not showing something I'm pleased with, but instead perpetually bemused and riddled with a feeling of uncertainty or frustration for a myriad of reasons. Usually I keep that kind of thing to myself and just post happier things to Cure Touch.

I definitely never meant to have a YouTube channel in the sense of producing content specifically for a YouTube audience. For instance, in terms of the haul video I'm going to film ASAP, I would normally have put the new clothes on my dolls immediately and maybe taken pictures to post here or on Flickr, but now I'm saving them most of them to film for the video. I actually quite like haul videos. But it's a change...

5 comments

  1. I love haul videos too! Sometimes I get ideas on stuff but it's just fun to see what people bought and what their plans are! And I know what you mean about needing an outlet for Blythe stuff cuz my boyfriend is seriously tired of me talking about dolls. Haha So I started a blog to get some of it out. Thank you for updating whether it's your blog or youtube channel. It always brings some happiness to my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you started a Blythe blog! I'm enjoying your posts so I hope you keep 'em up! It's very rewarding to know someone is reading/viewing, even when you are doing such things for your own satisfaction or benefit, isn't it??

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the encouragement! It makes me happy to see that hopefully someone gains a bit of enjoyment through my doll dumping outlet!

      Delete
  2. woo excited for the haul video! I was hoping there would be one, ^^ a reward for decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray, for I have posted the haul video! A reward, indeed, that is what I shall claim! 8)

      Delete