new girl :)

Sunday, January 15, 2023

So I recently welcomed a new Blythe into my family! I have been wanting another for about a year, but Zyanya Remembers was not the girl I had in the back of my mind! But she caught my attention, and I really liked how she looked out of her stock. (To me, that's more important than stock!)

Welcome, Zasha! This is a very Russian-sounding name for a Mexican girl, but I like it.

Here's her unboxing video, if you like that kind of thing. I do. I make these for myself, so I can relive these special memories whenever I want to.

I've since combed out her hair (I found several knots in it and had to cut them out!) and changed her clothes. Discovered in the process that her arms are very stained.


I must admit this is disappointing! I know she has been in a box in black clothing for almost two years. They put this little white bralette/crop top situation on her, I imagine to help protect her from her own dress? But they ought to have wrapped her arms in plastic, in my opinion. I know I've seen girls with wrapped limbs in my day. Vinter Arden came with thin netted tights to put on beneath her navy blue stock tights to help with staining. Some similar netted shirt could have been created for Zyanya.

If I'm honest, while this clearly sucks, I'm also too tired out by... you know, everything that is Real Life... to be heartbroken by this. It's of course very annoying Blythes are so expensive and yet come with knotted hair and stained bodies. (And we'll still buy 'em!) But Zasha's wanted and welcome here, bruised or no. It can be one of her quirks. In time the stains might fade, or they might be a permanent feature.

And to end on a positive note, LOOK AT HER ORANGE EYE in that pic. I love orange chips, and these are arresting on her! Should I change out her pink and blue chips? I think I might...

4 comments

  1. She's lovely, congratulations! A bummer about the stained arms - I've heard of some home remedies for that but not sure how well they work. I'm in favor of changing out the pink and blue chips, I feel like warmer tones would work better on her, personally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think I will change out some chips!!

      Delete
  2. She's so pretty! Excited to see how you dress her up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I feel like she's more stylish and modern than many of my girls :)

      Delete