sweet Sunday

Sunday, February 10, 2013


I decided to revisit this gnome hat pattern with yarn I actually like, rather than the only DK yarn I could find at the craft store. My BFF E gave me two skeins of delicious Malabrigo Silky Merino some time ago, and they've been decor for me since, sitting on a shelf with other pretty things. I guess I'm a cheap acrylic yarn girl at heart; I feel bad if I can't make something really nice with really nice yarn, and my skills are just not that great with crochet or knitting, so I haven't had the heart to use it till now. Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and use the Piedras skein for this hat, which once plopped upon Plummery's wee head, was perfect.

I confess, after the first time I made this hat a while ago I was quite elated and tried twice more to make it again, only to mess up both times, get discouraged, and quit knitting for a while again. But I've been practicing my knitting rather a lot the past couple of weeks. I've made two dishcloths and this hat, and I was so pleased with myself that I decided to make the hat again.


This yarn looks and feels like bubblegum. So soft.

So far, I haven't messed up and been unable to fix it. I've "tinked," I've had the needles slip out of the loops twice and had to carefully re-insert. Knitting, man. It's stressful.

I have yet to block anything I've knitted; it's just something I don't understand as of yet, and will have to research on YouTube to figure out.

When I went out to the table, I found my mom decorating cookies. How cute are they? My mom is the literal cutest. I need a cookie decorating label for this blog. You don't know how often we decorate cookies in my house.


2 comments