2015 Ripple Throw Progress Report: Dunzo!


As you know (I rudely assume), my 2015 ripple is a gift for this cute boy I've been seeing. This beast is unspeakably huge. I couldn't possibly take a proper picture of it. That's how big it is. The biggest thing I've ever made, by a mile. The bundle pictured above is the smallest I could fold it, and it's so heavy that I think I've strained my shoulder with its heft.


I had actually declared this thing done, like, a month ago, before Thanksgiving I think. I took it to Boy's apartment and put it on his bed and was stunned to find that it needed to be, like, a foot longer!! It's incredibly wide, so we turned it to see if it would fit better that way -- with the stripes vertical instead of horizontal -- and it was still just a wee bit short on either side. I'm still amazed.

I took it home again and spending what free time I have this month (which is very little anyway, what with holidays) adding that extra foot. My brain had already filed it under "dunzo!" so it was kind of a slog, even though I flew along at what you might call an alarmingly fast clip for 90% of it.

Still, I'm happy I added to it, and happy I made it! Hope Boy gets some quality Zs under this thing.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is huge! It's really beautiful, too - I love the colors you used. I have been thinking of knitting a new afghan for our home, but I haven't yet worked up the energy for such a big project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I love doing afghans because they are longer-term projects, so I usually feel like I can take it easy, knowing that it will take a while no matter what!

      Delete
  2. YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as much as coins you can from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

    You can click claim as many times as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will safe in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or any other currency you want.

    ReplyDelete