twenty serpentine

Sunday, December 31, 2017


Ahh, another challenging year.

I don't even really know what to say about 2017. Mental health/medication/therapy/doctors was so much of my year. And I don't know what I can say about all of that. I also had some phenomenally stupid moments, like putting the iPhone I hadn't had for a year yet through the wash along with my bed sheets. Bye, money!

There were a few bright spots. I saw screenings of two of my favorite movies (Wayne's World and Real Genius) in theaters. There's something cool about that. I hadn't seen either of them like that before. I got very into crafting miniature suitcases (I hope I'll do a blog post about them sometime). Picking up new crafting skills is miraculous. I played a lot of Stardew Valley and started collecting Animal Crossing cards. I got really into reading BL manga.

In the last 4 months of the year, I was able to add another 60k-ish to my novel. This is by far the most meaningful for me. The experience wasn't without its challenges, but I wouldn't trade it.

My hope for 2017 was only that I would be able to create things, and I did.


While I can't say I'm optimistic about 2018, I want to take the lessons of 2017 along with me. Hopefully that means I will make sure not to destroy my phone again in 2018. Fingers crossed.

3 comments

  1. What a year it was indeed! I feel sort of grateful just to have come through to the new year relatively intact. Very happy to see you here and to have you as a friend in my life! Here's hoping for a 2018 full of making things and safety for our valuable technology (and therefore wallets). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed!! Wishing you a good year of 2018, filled with creativity, hoping that it brings you everything you need to feel better! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to see that you took down your Youtube videos. Your channel is the reason I started making doll videos, and I learned so much and enjoyed watching your content.

    ReplyDelete