If you wanna be my Sporty Lover Finesse, you gotta get with my friends.

Monday, November 9, 2020

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I bought a Blythe!! It's been five years since I bought my last girl.

Meet Olwenn. She's a Sporty Lover Finesse (which is the funniest Blythe name to me). She's my first Radiance Renew girl. She's got Vinter Arden-esque peachy hair and lovely gray chips. I don't quite know her personality yet. "Olwenn" is welsh and it apparently means "white footprint," which I thought fitting, as her stock outfit includes white sneakers.

Truly, I know not what came over me. I have thirteen Neo Blythes already, and they've been a family for these last many years. Also, you might say, "Jane, do you not already own Vinter Arden, a girl with peachy hair and gray eyes?"

Yes, imaginary voice of dissent. I do. But VA is an FBL and has very minimal makeup. SLF is an RBL and has much more vivid makeup, which to me changes the look quite a lot! And anyway, let me live!

I filmed her unboxing, if you like that kind of thing.



I picked the weirdest time to dip my toe back into the Blythe hobby. Economy, et cetera. It does feel ridiculous to indulge in what is an expensive hobby. (I forgot just how expensive!) But also, since everyone is always home now, I am very self-conscious about taking pictures. This is one of the main ways I enjoy my Blythes, so I feel stifled. I have to just do it and let people be curious and comment. But that is hard for me and I hate it, haha. I have some stuff to throw up on my Etsy, if I can just make myself take pictures.

Anyway, I must window-shop for Olwenn! I had a tradition of getting each of my girls their very own dress that suits them the best, and I don't want to break tradition now!

3 comments

  1. Congratulations! How exciting to have a new member of your Blythe family! Her look really is quite different from Vinter Arden and seeing her in the brown tones of that dress and sweater really shows how her makeup makes a big difference in her look. Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne!! :D I hope to take comparison pics, just for my own entertainment! (Also, I'm pretty sure you knitted this sweater!)

      Delete
    2. LOL, it does look familiar! :D

      Delete