holiday dressup

Monday, December 21, 2020

Final video of 2020!

She said, as though she has been making videos for more than a couple of months.

Well, four videos is a lot to make after several years abstaining from such a thing! That's a whole lot to suddenly do. I've really got no plans for how I want to spend my hobby time in the upcoming months, but I may take January off from making doll videos so I can do other stuff: work on my novel (which I've had a hard time with the past two months), crochet, maaaybe get some stuff up on Etsy, finish up other video projects. Or I might film another dressup! Who knows! I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT!

Anyway, here's a double dolly dressup!


My heart squeezes when I see these girls.


Have a nice Christmas, y'all, and STAY SAFE.

5 comments

  1. What a lovely video! And you sure as heck should do whatever you want! In this weird time we're in, that's the least one can do in terms of self-care. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belatedly, thank you! :) I so appreciate your support!

      Delete
  2. Dear Jane, I am so glad to see that you are back to blogging! I have thought about you from time to time, worried about how you were doing. I have a very cute late 50s - early 60s doll that I have wanted to send to you. Please let me know if that would be alright. I scrolled quickly through your posts, just looking at the photos really, and I just had to smile at the so reliably "Jane" aesthetic of them. Your girls always look boho-retro-cool, they have a sweet beauty that never feels fuddy-duddy or old fashioned. Time to catch up on all your recent posts. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! One thing's for sure: I'm always REAL "me," lol. Incessantly me! :)

      Thanks for thinking of me, in general and w/r/t this doll you have! What kind of doll is it, do you know? Since my bedroom is jam-packed with dolls and I really didn't even have space for a new Blythe, I must be selective about what I bring in!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jane,
    The dolly in question is perhaps too big, unfortunately. She was made by the Natural Doll Company in NYC, and is approximately 18" tall, and about 8" wide. She is NRFB, there is no plastic around the box, but perhaps there never was any. You must be wondering why I thought of you when I found this doll! Well, she has the sweetest face, and, Jane, she has the loveliest, soft baby-pink hair! I thought she would be a cute, retro accent doll for your room, and bring a smile to your face whenever you looked at her. If you think she could bring you some joy, let me know! Your dolly posts, photos, and videos have certainly given me great pleasure over the years. I hope that you will be feeling "in the pink" again soon!

    ReplyDelete