'tis the damn season (almost)

Monday, September 16, 2024

It was 90 degrees here today, but I've been planning for the chilly days ahead by getting some autumnal clothes. It's been a long time since I posted about new clothes here -- clothes for me, at least! I used to do this somewhat often in the first couple years of having this blog. But I certainly haven't done it in many years now. Berets aside.

But heck! This is making me happy right now! So I'm posting about it!

Whatever you wanna say about Walmart, I have gotten a few items I like from there lately, all pictured above: a hugely long duster-length sweater in this pretty mauve-y color; a little floral knit shirt; these wine-colored Mary Janes that are soooo 90s to me; and an orange corduroy "shacket" (a revolting word, imo, which -- to get my Lemony Snicket on -- here means "shirt jacket") that I really love because it's RUST ORANGE! One of my top favorite colors!! The corduroy and color are both super 70s.

It's of course too hot to wear the sweater and jacket right now! But I am wearing the shoes!

Like I said, these Mary Janes are so 90s to me. They remind me of a pair of Skechers Mary Janes that I had in the late 90s/early 2000s, with chunky bottoms/heels! I loved and wore the heck out of those shoes. Mary Janes are a lifelong favorite and I have had so many pairs of various kinds! So of course I saw these and was nostalgia pilled.

I do think they're cute, but I'm not sure if they're cute on me, if you know what I mean. But I have yet to style them correctly, I think. They'd look a lot better if I wore them with tights and/or socks, and a dress or skirt. Tights, I have, but... I don't have the right type of socks.

Because I think the Mary Janes would look really cute with some ruffled socks, specifically! I do prefer the kind that you can fold down. To me that is a classic lewk. Hence the second set. I also like orange and purple. CLEARLY! But I think the floral set is way cutier. And wouldn't that black set look so good with the MJs?? But, the white fold-over pairs would be very useful...

Decisions, decisions!!!

Well, I'll mull over that. But I quite simply can't wait for it to be cooler out so I can plop on a beret and this sweater and stroll around in my Mary Janes.

1 comment

  1. I adore these shoes! They are perfectly 90s and you're 100% correct, the fold down socks would be so appropriate! --Anne

    ReplyDelete