making my bed

Sunday, September 12, 2021


(flower dance print from AshleyMorganArt)

Hey, pals!

I'm gonna just ignore that months slip by without me making a peep. Hope you do too! Right now I'm scraping by one day at a time. Hate saying that! But that is the way it is right now, mental health wise. I do better some days and think I'm over my slump, and then I just lose whatever progress it seems like I've made.

Today I made my bed. It is never made. AND I MEAN NEVER! I hate doing it. I hate having my blankets tucked at the foot of my bed, so they're always wild and free; I have too many pillows; I sleep with stuffed animals. That diamond patterned blanket is a weighted blanket and it's insanely heavy and hard to move, hard to spread. And as you can see, my bed is tucked to the wall. It's a huge chore to tuck sheets and blankets. So there's no point in making my bed. Not when it gives me zero dopamine, is annoying to do and will only be undone in one night, and impedes how I sleep in the first place!

Buuuut today I flipped my mattress and because I'd taken everything off my bed, I decided to make it nicely. Looking at this corner of my room, which would have you believe every single inch of my room is pink (this is untrue), I felt contented. (Am I pastel kidcore? Or kawaii Holly Hobbie?)

I crocheted that ripple throw almost ten years ago! I embroidered all those things on my wall over the years. I put up that washi tape honeycomb wall. My friend made me that origami star mobile. Another friend sent me a card a long time ago and I thought it was so pretty, I framed it.

I'm thinking about changing out a lot of this stuff for something new. Zero clue what! I have nothing made.

Anyway, I did just take pics of my bed because it's so rare to see it like this. And I did just want to check in here. I am still needle felting. I'm working on a ripple throw. I'm still sketching!

One day at a time.

1 comment

  1. What a calm and lovely spot! I share your hatred of that tucked-in-feet feeling. We never tuck in the bottom of the bed linens and yet even when the linens just get straightened out (the closest it gets to making the bed), as soon as I get in, I have to flail them around so my feet can feel no sense of being pulled down! :D

    I recently started a 'gallery wall' style thing in my studio/home office - so far it just has two things, but I'm hoping to add more. Having a gathering of items like you have is so pleasing!

    ReplyDelete