I spent some time in August finishing up this little ripple for my youngest sister's new baby boy! He's due THIS MONTH! In just a couple of weeks!!!
When I made baby #1's blanket a couple of years ago, I also included little fleece brown bear booties.
This time around I picked out some fox booties. Now, look... I know foxes are passe, like many other twee trends from ten-plus years ago. Like moustaches and portraits of animals in big Buddy Holly glasses. I'd say foxes had their day in 2010 or so. But that means they're gonna be back soon, right? I'll just claim that baby #2 was ahead of the fashion cycle!
Baby was originally due in early October, and that's one of the reasons I went with an autumnal (but not Halloween-y) sort of color scheme for his blankie. Sis is now being induced earlier than that -- enough that baby will be a Virgo and not a Libra! That's a whole other Zodiac sign!! But mid-September is basically still summer these days. Baked and bleached grasses. I think it still works as a late-summer kind of blanket.
When I was putting the border on this blanket, I had to refer back to my own blog post to see how in the heck I'd done the border on big brother's blanket. It's just treble crochet but I put two stitches in each row to bulk it up, which I didn't remember at all. It's times like these I'm grateful I took pictures and posted them somewhere easy-to-find.
I wish I had more fun projects to report or pictures to share of late. I really don't; I'm virtually crushed under the wheel of band stuff right now, pinned there. I tried to take last week off by not attending, and I was still doing so much work, despite attempting a break. It boggles the mind. How can I ever actually get my battery recharged? How can I ever have time for other hobbies? I'm burned out, and I feel like only getting in creative activities will make it feel any better. But I don't have the spoons.
For my own posterity, I will end this post with a little gratitude list.
STUFF THAT'S KEEPING ME GOING RIGHT NOW:- baby updates from sister -- lots of scans and in-utero pictures coming in right now!
- discovering new-to-me Dolly Parton songs
- forcibly scraping out time to do a lo-lite cover
- Pokemon Sun with L
- saw a really super duper cute opossum in our backyard!




Post a Comment