springy ride-on

Monday, April 11, 2022

Doll-against-tree pics are classic maidensuit, no??

Yesterday my friend L and I got on Zoom and dressed some of our Blythes! I leaned cottagecore for Petaline. Not only does she have an embroidered underskirt on beneath her gingham dress, but a netted petticoat beneath that, and finally bloomers. White stockings, Prairie Posie boots, and her own stock straw hat make her look like she's on the way to tend her garden.

Not gonna lie: felt extremely self-conscious taking these pictures. Used to be something I was so used to.

What to say here, or indeed to anyone at all? I've forgotten how to talk to people. I blink and two weeks have passed and I can't recall the previous day, let alone the previous week. I try to set my mind to something but my drive and interest dwindles fast even though I don't want it to. It's hard to make stuff stick, for some reason. Mental health progress, decisions, activities. I think it's partially my extreme isolation and partially my brain chemistry. When days are so samey, nothing much sticks out.

I'm pushing myself to take initiative in April. To spend time every day really doing something, something real-feeling, something that I want to do, that makes me feel like me. Something that might hopefully give me some kind of serotonin or dopamine. Whether that's write, work on video projects, draw, clean, cook, practice the guitar, do something for someone else. It sounds basic, and I often do one of those things every day. But it feels transient, like I can't keep hold of anything. I forget what I've done all the time? Days just blur by. But I want to write down what I did and try and train myself to feel satisfaction about it.

Here's what I've been up to in March/April thus far:

  • getting back into bullet journaling (I kept a bujo for all of 2020, but stopped in 2021)
  • buying too much stationery/bujo supplies
  • keeping up my revived habit of playing the guitar daily, for fun and not for practice
  • started a new ripple throw!!!
  • planning dolly cosplay, like to the extent of purchasing pieces for it... really want to dress Lamb as a particular character!
  • working on videos (not Blythe-related, although I have like three doll videos I'd like to make)
I only just remembered right now that I spent Saturday reading a true crime book. That was entirely gone from my brain, and it just happened. I only remembered because I opened a YouTube tab and saw a video about the case in my recent history. I also got a book in the mail today I forgot buying.

Plans for tonight: eat mac and cheese, write a few paragraphs of fanfic, bullet journal!

5 comments

  1. oof, this weird way time has right now really hits home for me! someone asked me about something just a week ago and I struggled to recall anything that could identify that particular day in my mind. I love this strategy, though, and may take a page from your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?? Somehow I feel even more discombobulated now, two years into this crazy slice of history, than I did when quarantine first kicked in. It took a while but my brain has indeed melted.

      I've found bullet journaling helps me remember what I've done and what I am in the process of doing, since I just use it for various lists, mainly! But sometimes I don't remember what I did THAT VERY DAY!

      Delete
    2. it's weird how that is, but trauma can mess with our brains in so many unexpected ways! I was doing a bullet journal for a bit but fell out of it - I should pick it back up, because yeah, what did I do when and did I actually do it or just thought or dreamed about it?

      Delete
  2. Can't tell you how happy I was to see you posted. I check your blog almost every day. It's so difficult when the days muddle together and feel mundane and forgettable. I'm glad you're going to make an effort to do things that make you feel more you. So happy to see a classic maidensuit picture. ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad to know you're checking my blog! Thank you. I do just post for my own gratification, but I feel like posting more lately, so it's nice to know someone will see it if I do post! :)

      Delete