sewing Blythe socks

Friday, April 29, 2022

Hey, y'all. I'm still in a sew-y mood. And a post-y mood.

I saw this ribbed knit fabric at the craft store and instantly thought I'd like to make Blythe socks out of it. I've always liked the ribbed socks I have. So I got a small bit of these two colors -- kind of a rust and a dusty blush-pink -- and bought this sock pattern off Etsy.

Here they are on Wisp and Klara. I've actually made six pairs now (three of each color), improving a little with each pair, seeing which side looks best as the outside...

I love them! I want to get some other colors of this same ribbed knit and do a whole collection. Socks!!! I'd also like to finagle some tights.

I'm glad for anything I can sew by hand. I've done a lot of applique and embroidery so I don't really mind the process. And lord, can I blanket stitch. (I made this bottlecap pincushion, too.) So I'm happy to just have little socks that I can hand-stitch as a small step to other doll clothes. I hope!


4 comments

  1. These are beautiful! This ribbed fabric is perfect - I feel like it's hard to find textured material that works well on the right scale for Blythe. And in such lovely colors, what a find! I also adore this pin cushion. It's just so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I was looking at fabric on Etsy and found I couldn't really tell the scale of such things -- textures, patterns -- and thus was discouraged from buying it, in case the scale was too big. And thank you!! :)

      Delete