sewing Blythe socks, part two

Monday, May 30, 2022

My number one jam this month has been making little Blythe socks. I have made... so many, it's sickening. I want to estimate I've made about 75 pairs in many varying lengths and colors.

One reason I made so many is that I've wanted to re-enforce my hand-sewing skills and just practice a lot, with the aim to increase my comfort level with sewing in general. Another reason is that I want to send a bunch of them to my bestie L, who also collects Blythes. Her doll family and mine are comparable in number, so I want to send lots of colors and various lengths to beef up her sock supply. So many tiny plastic feet to cover...

The power I feel is unholy. Immeasurable. When I think about how I can just make socks to match any outfit if I want to, I turn into a demon and begin howling at the moon.

My girls' sock collection is motley, you know? Many of the pairs I have are a decade old, at least, and naturally my aesthetic tastes have meandered a bit over the years. It's really nice to have this infusion of new options.

I've also been working on tights, which is a step up in terms of difficulty and time. I'll post about that soon!

7 comments

  1. I'm seriously obsessed! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda!! I'm not great at sewing so managing the tights was a challenge for me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with all these colors! Great job Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL a month late to comment on this but these are beautiful! tbh I've found it easier to hand-sew socks and tights for Blythe than trying to use a machine. It's just so fiddly! What a treasure trove of socks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend!! Between the fabric being stretchy and me being quite bad at sewing on the machine, I can't imagine making these little socks on the machine! Fiddly indeed!

      Delete