mushroom skirt!

Sunday, January 14, 2024

I made another skirt! It's this dark green one with a mushroom print. I saw the fabric, which I really love, and thought it'd make a cute circle skirt for Blythes. For this skirt I relied on this video tutorial/pattern, rather than just kind of winging it, like I did with the last skirt I sewed.

This one has a lot of gathering; I've never successfully gathered anything before, and to be honest, I didn't find it very easy to arrange and settle everything how I wanted it. My skirt did not resemble 1:1 the skirt in the video while it was in progress. But the process was an educational experience, haha.

I would very much enjoy attaining more skirts that are about this length, or a little longer. I recently got one of these from CraftyCoraShop and I really like it; it's long and gives historical dress vibes! (I scooped three more in other colors just now!) Shorter skirts and miniskirts don't always feel right on some of my girls.

I miiigght take another swing at this pattern sometime, with some other fabric?

Between the hat, the top, and the skirt, I made almost this entire outfit!!! :)

Post a Comment